More about me
I am a professional historian accredited by the National Standards for Accreditation for Membership of Professional Historians in Australia.
Project highlights include:
- ‘Liverpool Street, Darlinghurst‘ – a digital history project mapping the people and places of Liverpool Street, Darlinghurst from the
1850s to the 1940s
- Collecting World War I stories from IP Australia’s records
- Historical signage for over 30 parks for the City of Sydney
- Investigating stories of 36 war servicemen listed on an honour roll for the Dictionary of Sydney
- Oral history interviews for St Vincent’s College’s 160th anniversary
- A historical walking tour of Ashfield, supported by the Inner West Council Community History and Heritage Grants Program.
Displays or signage
Nicole is a highly regarded consulting historian who works with and for a range of diverse history and community organisations and museums. Her outputs are produced to a very high standard, she is professional and prompt in her communications, never misses deadlines and she pays excellent attention to detail.
Nicole delivered outstanding research and a fitting tribute to my grandfather’s time in the First World War Battlefields of the Somme Valley in France. Her research unearthed some amazing records that shed some light onto his time in France. Nicole’s unwavering dedication to the task went above and beyond the brief I had imagined. Nicole’s work in my view is second to none and I would highly recommend her to any wanting a truly professional outcome for their project.
In my many dealings with Nicole since 2013, I have found her articulate, innovative, well organised, and a superb researcher and writer with an excellent track record in meeting deadlines. She also has particularly strong social media skills. She is always pleasant to deal with. I have no hesitation in highly recommending Nicole as an historical consultant.
Nicole was always responsive, delivered milestones on time, maintained regular communication and provided regular updates as to her progress. Her writing quality is of a very high level and she was able to tailor the research found for the audience of the delivery and provide succinct and easy to understand content.
Why employ a professional historian?